The Research Symposium for Earth and Environmental Sciences (ReSEES) offers students in the Earth and Environmental Sciences (EES) department an opportunity to actively participate in the professional academic community. This symposium also provides a friendly, relaxed, and fun environment for students to practice the stressful activities such as presenting and talking in front of large crowds. ReSEES will also be a great outlet to learn about what is going on throughout the EES department and learn about other people projects, maybe even spark an idea of your own!
Any student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program through EES are eligible to participate in this symposium. We encourage all students engaged in research under the direction of a faculty mentor to register.
Why should I participate in ReSEES?
- Great addition to any resume, CV, or graduate school application
- Valuable professional experience presenting to an audience
- Valuable experience discussing and talking about your project
- Networking opportunities with faculty, alumni, and other students
- Opportunity to have fun with the Earth and Environmental Sciences department!
How to participate in ReSEES?
- Find a faculty member who needs assistance with research and may be willing to serve as your mentor.
- Register and submit an abstract here: (form coming soon)
- Prepare your presentation (poster or oral presentation) with faculty guidance.
For an in-person symposium, undergraduate poster printing is available here: LINK