Kevin M. Yeager
Ph.D. - Geology and Geophysics - Texas A&M University
M.S. - Geology - University of Toledo
B.S. - Geology - Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Sedimentary processes in and climate change- and human-driven impacts on fluvial, lacustrine, coastal and marine environments
- Fates and impacts of terrestrial and aquatic contaminants
- Application and development of radiochemical and geochemical methods in geology, geomorphology, limnology, and marine science
Click here to check out our research facilities (SER2L)!
- Yu, K., H. Xu, J. Lan, E. Sheng, B. Liu, H. Wu, K.M. Yeager, 2016. Climate change and soil erosion in a small alpine lake basin on the Loess Plateau, China. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms DOI:10.1002/esp.4071.
- Xu, H., J. Lan, E. Sheng, K. Yu, Z. Shi, P. Cheng, X. Wang, B. Liu, T. Liu, X. Zhou, K.M. Yeager, 2016. Hydroclimate contrasts over Asian monsoon areas and linkages to tropical Pacific SSTs. Scientific Reports DOI:10.1038/srep33177.
- Xu, H., Y. Keke, L. Jianghu, E. Sheng, B. Liu, Y. Ye, B. Hong, H. Wu, K. Zhou, K.M. Yeager, 2016. Responses of sedimentary delta 15N to climatic changes and anthropogenic impacts in lakes across the eastern margin of the Tibetan Plateau. J. of Asian Earth Science 123: 111-118.
- Wang, S., K.M. Yeager, W. Lu, 2016. Carbon isotope fractionation in phytoplankton as a potential proxy for pH rather than for [CO2(aq)]: Observations from a carbonate lake. Limnology and Oceanography 61(4): 1,259-1,270.
- Briggs, K.B., V.A. Hartmann, K.M. Yeager, S. Shivarudrappa, R.J. Diaz, L.E. Osterman, A.H. Reed, 2015. Influence of hypoxia on biogenic structure in sediments on the Louisiana continental shelf. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 164: 147-160.
- Huo, S., J. Zhang, K.M. Yeager, B. Xi, Y. Qin, Z. He, F. Wu, 2015. Mobility and sulfidization of heavy metals in sediments of a shallow eutrophic lake, Lake Taihu, China. J. of Environmental Sciences 31: 1-11.
- Wu, W., K.M. Yeager, M.S. Peterson, R.S. Fulford, 2015. Neutral models as a way to evaluate the Sea Level Affecting Marshes Model (SLAMM). Ecological Modelling 303: 55-69.
- Bera, G., K.M. Yeager, M-J. Shim, A.M. Shiller, 2015. Anthropogenic stable cesium in water and sediment of a shallow estuary, St. Louis Bay, Mississippi. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 157: 32-41.
- Xu, H., K.M. Yeager, J. Lan, B. Liu, E. Sheng, X. Zhou, K. Yu, S. Che, P. Cheng, X. Qiang, Z. An, 2015. Abrupt Holocene Indian summer monsoon failures: A primary response to solar activity. The Holocene 25(4): 677-685.
- Xu, H., X. Zhou, J. Lan, B. Liu, E. Sheng, K. Yu, P. Cheng, F. Wu, B. Hong, K.M. Yeager, S. Xu, 2015. Late Holocene Indian summer monsoon variations recorded at Lake Erhai, southwestern China. Quaternary Research 83(2): 307-314.
- Chanton, J.P., T. Zhao, B.E. Rosenheim, S. Joye, S. Bosman, C. Brunner, K.M. Yeager, A.R. Diercks, D. Hollander, 2015. Using natural abundance radiocarbon to trace the flux of petrocarbon to the seafloor following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Environmental Science and Technology 49: 847-854.
- Wang, S., K.M. Yeager, G. Wan, C.-Q. Liu, F. Liu, Y. Lü, 2015. Dynamics of CO2 in a karst catchment in the southwestern plateau, China. Environmental Earth Sciences 73(5): 2,415-2,427.
- Kulawardhana, R.W., R.A. Feagin, S.C. Popescu, T.W. Boutton, K.M. Yeager, T.S. Bianchi, 2015. The role of elevation, relative sea-level history, and vegetation transition in determining carbon distribution in Spartina alterniflora dominated salt marshes. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 154: 48-57.
- Huo, S., J. Zhang, K.M. Yeager, B. Xi, J. Wang, Z. He, F. Wu, 2014. High-resolution profiles of dissolved reactive phosphorus in overlying water and porewater of Lake Taihu, China. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 21(22): 12,989-12,999.
- Cline, M.D., R.A. Feagin, K.M. Yeager, 2014. Modeling salt marsh cover response to relative water level: Local fault motion vs. global eustatic rise. J. of Coastal Research 30(5): 1,045-1,054.
- Huo, S.-L., B.D. Xi, F.Y. Zan, X.J. Yu, G.C. Zhao, J. Su, K.M. Yeager, 2014. Assessment of distribution chracteristics and contamination with heavy metals in surface sediments of Lake Chaohu, China. Environmental Engineering and Management J. 13(3): 669-680.
- Xu, H., J. Lan, B. Liu, E. Sheng, K.M. Yeager, 2013. Modern carbon burial in Lake Qinghai, China. Applied Geochemistry 39: 150-155.
- Peterson, M.S., J.-M. Havrylkoff, P.O. Grammer, P.F. Mickle, W.T. Slack, K.M. Yeager, 2013. Macrobenthic prey and physical habitat characteristics in a western Gulf sturgeon population: Differential estuarine habitat use patterns. Endangered Species Research 22: 159-174.
- Brunner, C.A., K.M. Yeager, R. Hatch, S. Simpson, J. Keim, K.B. Briggs, P. Louchouarn, 2013. Effects of oil from the Macondo Well blowout on marsh Foraminifera of Mississippi and Louisiana, USA. Environmental Science and Technology 47: 9,115-9,123.
- Feagin, R.A., K.M. Yeager, C.A. Brunner, J.G. Paine, 2013. Active fault motion in a coastal wetland: Matagorda, Texas. Geomorphology - Special Issue: Coastal Geomorphology and Restoration 199: 150-159.
- Colon-Rivera, R.J., R.A. Feagin, J.B. West, K.M. Yeager, 2012. Salt marsh connectivity and freshwater versus saltwater inflow: Muliple methods including tidal gauges, water isotopes, and LIDAR elevation models. Canadian J. of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 69(8): 1,420-1,432.
- Yeager, K.M., C.A. Brunner, M.A. Kulp, D. Fischer, R.A. Feagin, K.J. Schindler, J. Prouhet, G. Bera, 2012. Significance of active growth faulting on marsh accretion processes in the lower Pearl River, Louisiana. Geomorphology 153-154: 127-143.
- Zan, F.Y., S.L. Huo, B.D. Xi, C.W. Zhu, H.Q. Liao, J.T. Zhang, K.M. Yeager, 2012. A 100-year sedimentary record of natural and anthropogenic impacts on a shallow eutrophic lake, Lake Chaohu, China. J. of Environmental Monitoring 14(3): 804-816.
- Zan, F., S. Huo, B.D. Xi, J. Zhang, L. Haiqing, Y. Wang, K.M. Yeager, 2012. A 60-year sedimentary record of natural and anthropogenic impacts on Lake Chenghai, China. J. of Environmental Sciences 24(4): 602-609.
- Martinez, M.L., R.A. Feagin, K.M. Yeager, R. Costanza, J. Day, J.A. Harris, R.J. Hobbs, J. Lopez-Portillo, P. Moreno-Casasola, J. Sheinbaum, I.J. Walker, A. Yanez-Arancibia, E. Higgs, 2012. Artificial modifications of the coast in response to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill: Quick solutions or long term liabilities? Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 10(1): 44-49.
- Wang, S., K.M. Yeager, G. Wan, Y. Wang, Y. Lu, 2012. Carbon export and HCO3- fate in a carbonate watershed: A case study from Hongfeng Lake, southwestern China. Applied Geochemistry 27(1): 64-72.
- Cline, M.D., R.A. Feagin, K.M. Yeager, M. van Alstyne, 2011. Fault-induced wetland loss at Matagorda, Texas, USA: Land cover changes from 1943 to 2008. Geocarto International 26(8): 633-645.
- Zan, F., S. Huo, B. Xi, J. Su, X. Li, J. Zhang, K.M. Yeager, 2011. A 100-year sedimentary record of heavy metal pollution in a shallow eutrophic lake, Lake Chaohu, China. J. of Environmental Monitoring 13(10): 2,788-2,797.
- Hung, C.-C., G.-C. Gong, F.-C. Ko, H.-Y. Chen, M.-L. Hsu, J.-M. Wu, S.-C. Peng, K.M. Yeager, P.H. Santschi, 2010. Relationships between persistent organic pollutants and carbonaceous materials in aquatic sediments of Taiwan. Marine Pollution Bulletin 60(7): 1,010-1,017.
- Wang, S., K.M. Yeager, G. Wan, C. Liu, F. Tao, C. Fan, 2010. Short term field observations of nitrous oxide saturations in Lake Taihu, China: The need for high temporal resolution studies. J. of Environmental Quality 39(5): 1,858-1,863.
- Yeager, K.M., R. Brinkmeyer, C.F. Rakocinski, K.J. Schindler, P.H. Santschi, 2010. Impacts of dredging activities on the accumulation of dioxins in surface sediments of the Houston Ship Channel, Texas. J. of Coastal Research 26 (4): 743-752.
- Hung, C.-C., G.-C. Gong, K.-P. Chiang, H.-Y. Chen, K.M. Yeager, 2009. Particulate carbohydrates and uronic acids in the northern East China Sea. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 84: 565-572.
- Feagin, R.A., S.M. Lozada-Bernard, T.M. Ravens, I. Moller, K.M. Yeager, A.H. Baird, 2009. Does vegetation prevent wave erosion of salt marsh edges? Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 106 (25): 10,109-10,113.
- Wang, S., C. Liu, K.M. Yeager, G. Wan, J. Li, F. Tao, Y. Lu, F. Liu, C. Fan, 2009. The spatial distribution and emission of nitrous oxide (N2O) in a large eutrophic lake in eastern China: Anthropogenic effects. Science of the Total Environment 407: 3,330-3,337.
- Yeager, K.M., P.H. Santschi, H. Rifai, M. Suarez, R. Brinkmeyer, C.-C. Hung, K.J. Schindler, M. Andres, E. Weaver, 2007. Dioxin chronology and fluxes in sediments of the Houston Ship Channel, Texas: Influences of non-steady state sediment transport and total organic carbon. Environmental Science and Technology 41 (15): 5,291-5,298.
- Hung, C.-C., G. Gwo-Ching, J. Kuotung, K.M. Yeager, P.H. Santschi, T.L. Wade, J.L. Sericano, 2006. Relationship between carbonaceous materials and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in the sediments of the Danshui River and adjacent coastal areas, Taiwan. Chemosphere 65: 1,452-1,461.
- Wan, G.J., J.A. Chen, S.Q. Xu, F.C. Wu, R.G. Huang, K.M. Yeager, P.H. Santschi, 2005. Coupling between Pbex-210 and organic matter in sediments of Lake Chenghai, China, Chemical Geology 224 (4): 223-236.
- Yeager, K.M., P.H. Santschi, J.D. Phillips, B.E. Herbert, 2005. Suspended sediment sources and tributary effects in the lower reaches of a coastal plain stream as indicated by radionuclides, Loco Bayou, Texas. Environmental Geology 47 (3): 382-395.
- Yeager, K.M., P.H. Santschi, G.T. Rowe, 2004. Sediment accumulation and radionuclide inventories (Pu-239,240, Pb-210 and Th-234) in the northern Gulf of Mexico, as influenced by organic matter and macrofaunal density. Marine Chemistry 91 (1-4): 1-14.
- Yeager, K.M., P.H. Santschi, 2003. Invariance of isotope ratios of lithogenic radionuclides: more evidence for their use as sediment source tracers. J. of Environmental Radioactivity 69: 159-176.
- Yeager, K.M., P.H. Santschi, J.D. Phillips, B.E. Herbert, 2002. Sources of alluvium in a coastal plain stream based on radionuclide signatures from the U-238 and Th-232 decay series. Water Resources Research 38 (11): 24-1 - 24-11.