The College of Arts & Sciences initiated its first Student Ambassador Program in the Fall of 1999. The purpose of this highly selective group of A&S students is to promote pride in a liberal arts education and to assist in strengthening the identity of both the College of Arts & Sciences and the University of Kentucky. The A&S Ambassadors develop leadership and communication skills while representing the College to visitors, alumni, and prospective and current students. For more information about the A&S Ambassador Program, please contact Will Bickers (William.Bickers@uky.edu).
A&S Ambassadors have a wide range of responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Participation in UK recruiting efforts such as see blue Preview Nights, Come See For Yourself and other high school outreach
- Service to fellow students in the form of Merit Weekends, the A&S Open House, and Career Fairs
- Assisting with planning and implementation of all College of Arts & Sciences International Initiatives
- Representation of the college during Homecoming and at other alumni meetings, receptions, Advisory Board activities, and similar events deemed appropriate by the Dean of the College
- Creation of original content for the A&S Ambassador website
- Coordination of a college-wide service project